I was tagged by Meredith at Running With Erasers to do the “How I Run Q&A Survey!” Thanks Meredith! Check out her answers here!
1. Would you rather run on a beach path or a mountain trail?
Beach, for sure. Mountains = hills. I’m not about that.
2. If you could choose the flavor of Gatorade at your next race’s aid stations, what would it be?
I love the yellow gatorade. I don’t even know what the flavor is, lemon lime maybe? I’m old school, yellow all the way.
3. If I gave you a $100 gift card to a running store, what would you purchase with it?
All of the tank tops. GIVE ME ALL OF THE TANK TOPS!!!!
4. Do you prefer to follow a training plan, or wake up and decide how far and fast you want to go?
I like to make it up as I go and see how my body feels and go off of that. If I’m training for a race like a half or full marathon, I definitely want someone to tell me how far I need to go in order to be ready for the race. But if it’s just a normal run, I’ll make it up as I go.
5. Would you rather start your run with an uphill and end with a downhill, or start with a downhill and end with an uphill?
Oh – lordy. I want to start uphill and end downhill. All day.
6. When you can’t run, what kind of cross training do you choose to do?
I like being at the gym and using the weights. I hate the elliptical, that’s torture. At my old gym they offered spin classes, my new gym doesn’t. I really enjoy spin.
7. What is your preference: out-and-back, point-to-point, or loop?
A loop. I like new and fresh scenery for the entire race. Although I do love the out and back when you make the turn to go back, I love getting to run past all the other people behind me. A – it’s motivating to see I’m not in dead last, and B – it gives me a little extra push to make the second half of the race faster than the first.
8. If you could recommend any running gear or items to a new runner, what would it be?
I would tell them to invest in good socks, padded socks. Toenails are precious gifts, try to protect them as well as you possibly can. Good socks will also save your feet from blisters. Experia socks are my favorite.
9. Do you see any animals on your runs?
YES! I run past a little farm with goats and horses. Sometimes they have a donkey out there (my Blondie friend LOVES when the donkey is out). The baby goats are THE CUTEST!!!
10. Ever gotten lost while on a run?
Surprisingly, no. I say ‘surprisingly’ because it takes me 15 seconds (minimum) to figure out my left from my right. Sometimes I have to stop at the top of a hill and really think hard about which way I need to turn to get back to my house, but it’s a quick turn around if I realize I went the wrong way.
11. If you could have one meal ready and waiting for you at home after each run for the next 30 days what would it be?
I usually don’t feel like eating after my runs. What I’d really like is a big ol’ gatorade. Not too cold though. If it’s too cold it takes too long to drink…brain freeze.
12. Capris or shorts? which do you run in most?
Depends on the time of year, obviously. I prefer shorts because I get hot really quickly. But I’m also a fan of capris because you don’t have to worry about them riding up or chafing.
13. At what mile (or how many minutes) into a run do you feel like your body is completely warmed up?
Probably around mile 4. If I make it to mile 4 I can usually talk myself into pushing through whatever mileage I’ve got left. If I get to mile 4 and my body is still hating me, I usually stop there.
14. What do you do with your key when you run?
I usually start my runs from my house so I don’t need a key. If I do drive out somewhere I am able to leave my keys in my car because I have one of those fancy keyless entry things where I can type in my password and it’ll unlock my doors.
15. If you could relive any race that you’ve done in the past, what would it be?
Nothing really jumps out at me, my races have all been pretty fun. Maybe my half marathon in Nashville. It rained the whole time but the atmosphere was really cool and the course was very scenic.
16. What type of run is your least favorite?
Speed workouts aren’t my favorite, I enjoy the longer steadier paces better.
17. When you go for a run, do you leave from your front door or go somewhere to start?
I usually start from my house, no driving required.
18. When running in daylight, are sunglasses a must or just an annoyance?
They annoying. I’ve actually never tried running with them but I can’t imagine having anything touching my face while I’m running.
19. When you get tired, what keeps you from quitting?
Um, nothing? No for real, usually I just try to think about how close I am to home, or thinking about the end of a long race and you always have to finish strong. So I just pretend I’m almost done and tell myself to stay strong!
I nominate these bloggers to join in and take part in the survey:
Jessie Loves to Run
I Don’t Eat That
Happily Twenty Something
Last night was girl’s night at Blondie’s house. She had a bunch of old window panes that we made into chalkboard/wine cork wall decorations. Rach used a big window pane to make a cute sign for her and M’s wedding next year, and Blondie, Rommie and I made panes divided into chalkboard and wine cork picture board panes.
It was really easy and didn’t take very long at all! All we needed were wine corks, chalkboard paint and a glue gun! Rach’s (bottom pic) was a little more intricate – she used stencils to paint the letters on her window.
And my finished product…
Not sure where I’m going to hang it yet…stay tuned for pics.
And, just because I love her and because she’s the hostest with the mostest…Blondie and I watched some of the CMA Fest that she recorded Tuesday night. She’s in love with Eric Church. She grabbed her wine glass when he came on and swooned over him singing.
We’re almost to Friday, friends! Hang in there!
Answer one of the “How I Run” questions!
Have you made any fun and simple crafts lately?
What’s your favorite genre of music? Artist?