Hey there, remember me? It’s been a minute.
I’m going to try to sum up the past 4 months that I’ve been MIA as quickly as possible.
- Yes, I have been training for my marathon that is exactly 3 weeks and 5 days away. I’ve been working with my coach, Coach Carl, throughout the entire process and it’s been wonderful. I’ve had some beautiful runs throughout the fall, especially up in Michigan.
- I ran a 5K in under 28 minutes and had a major PR at the Thanksgiving Day Half Marathon with a finish time of 2:06:59 (it’s true, that’s the time it said on the internet).
- My last long training run is this Sunday and it’ll be my one and only run over 20 miles. I’ve been battling some shin splints/weak ankles/hip pains these last few weeks so currently, I’m feeling a little discouraged. Then I’ve got a three-week taper to build back my confidence before heading to my race on January 10th in Disney!
- I also made a big decision – I broke up with my Nike’s and made the switch to Asics. The jury is still out, they’re VERY different. And yes, yes it’s true. I’ve been running in shorts outside for the past week. It’s been a dream. #thesouthrules
- Personally, it’s been an, interesting four months. The hubs has been traveling a bit more (his company got bought out, again, so that’s been an adjustment). Wilson and Mila are adorable and still make for delightful company while he is gone. We’ve done a few home improvement projects. And by that I mean I painted our master bedroom and put up Christmas decorations. We had an unexpected trip up to Michigan for a family funeral that was not fun but it definitely reminded us how important family is and how lucky we are to have such loving and supportive friends and family. We’ve had a busy few months with traveling and holiday celebrations and we’re getting ready to trek back up to Michigan again to spend Christmas up there.
PHEW!!! Sorry, that last one was a doozie but I felt like it all related and it was acceptable to keep it all together.
I’ve missed my writing outlet and I’ve also missed the support the running blog community has. I’m relying on you guys to get me through these last few weeks of training without quitting because right now the struggle is real.
Anyway, just wanted to pop in and say I’M BACK! More to come, I promise!
Did you get burned out at the end of your marathon training? How do I pick up my motivation?
What have you been up to?!