Five Friday Facts:
- I eat eggs every morning for breakfast – without exception. I buy my eggs in bulk….
2. I’m insanely inflexible and I’m really not a fan of yoga. But I saw this picture on Instagram the other day and it’s one of my new relationship goals…just need to talk the hubs into practicing.
3. Starbucks is already selling pumpkin drinks. It’s too early. I feel like you shouldn’t partake in the pumpkin until September. Just like I don’t think Christmas decorations should appear in stores before November.
Also found this little nugget – they’re adding, what? REAL pumpkin you say? Pshhahh…
4. The U.S. Open starts in just a few weeks on August 31. While I’m not terribly good at tennis, I really, really love watching it. I grew up watching my dad play on the weekends and watching the major tournaments with him – bonding time. I’m a huge fan.
Serena Williams is going for a calendar grand slam, meaning she is trying to win all four major tournaments in the same tennis season. She has already won the Australian Open, French Open, and Wimbledon this year. The U.S. Open is the last major of the season. No matter what anyone thinks about her personality or her attitude, her playing style, there is no denying that she is the most dominant female tennis player, probably ever. I’ll be rooting for her!
5. My Falcon’s held off the Tennessee Titans last week for their first preseason victory. We are playing the New York Jets tonight. So you’ll find me plopped in front of the TV with a beer in hand tonight, cheering on Matty Ice!
I’ve got yet another dessert recipe to share with you this week – don’t even act like you’re disappointed.
Two people at my office had birthdays last week. We do a monthly birthday celebration and another lady and I take turns making the cake each month. August is my month. By special request, I made this Key Lime Pound Cake.
No, that is not my cake – it’s a picture of a WAY prettier cake that I was trying to make mine look like. Mine actually broke – it split in half when I took it out of the pan. Fail. But what was NOT a fail was this recipe from Rosetta Bakes. A little more complicated recipe than the No-Bake Butterfinger Lush Cake from earlier this week. I’d give it a 6 on the difficulty scale. But the end result is well worth the effort!
I’ve got a long 11-mile run this weekend. Since I’m doing the Rugged Maniac on Saturday, (nope, still hasn’t fallen off my calendar yet) I’m moving my long run to Sunday. Which actually works out perfectly because my marathon in January is on a Sunday. This weekend is a perfect transition to push my long runs back a day and getting used to doing them on Sundays.
Needless to say, I need some motivational words to get through this 11-miler.
Tell me a Friday Fact!
What are your plans this weekend?
When you’re training for a race, do you plan your longest run of the week on the same day as your race?